Seasoned user experience executive with more than 20 years managing and scaling design teams that convert a deep understanding of customer needs into high-value products.
UX Design Team Building & Management | Remote teams | User Research | Data-Driven Design | Web & Mobile Apps | Creative Leadership | Operations | Vision & Roadmapping | International & Enterprise Relations | Amazon Ecosystem | Accessibility | Product Strategy
- Led the UX strategy, design, and cross-platform implementation of Audible Plus, Audible’s first new membership product offering since 2017.
- Created Audible’s first Design Ops group, enabling cross-team collaboration, efficiencies, and delivery of demonstrated successful product improvements.
- Launched Audible Captions to bring an additional learning and comprehension value to the product for 13k students in 10 districts across the country.
- Grew Buildium product adoption from 2,000 to 10,000+ customers, even with subscription increases,resulting in 65M+ investment and 500M purchase in 2019.
VP UX, Customer Experience — Audible, April 2020 – Present
Sr. Director UX — Audible, November 2017 – April 2020
UX program lead for Customer Experience, New Business (International, Enterprise, and Romance), and Amazon.
- Manage and mentor a design team that has grown to 45+ leaders and contributors.
- UX lead for Audible Plus, a new podcast and audiobook service with 11,000 titles across all surfaces, with strong customer and press reviews at launch:
- Oversaw all streams of UX work including Acquisition, Discovery, and Listening, along with related tracks in International and Alexa.
- Implemented new operational standards like regular cross-track mid-sprint reviews and end-of-sprint demos to break down program and feature silos.
- Set a new bar for qualitative research: ~43 rounds of testing with ~425 users, and 7+ competitive reviews focused on podcasts and features.
- Developed a vision and roadmap for the Audible Player and Library, resulting in improvements and a relaunch that drives up membership value and listening time.
- Pioneered user-centered design process and workshop approach to address key customer issues.
- Delivered #1 product request from customers after previous years of delay, combining intensive user research and collaboration to create a scalable, enhanced, and customer-approved improvement.
- Launched Audible Captions machine transcription, supporting student and listener learning and comprehension for 13k students in 10 districts across the country.
- Established Audible’s first Design Ops group with a focus on staff growth and coaching, cross-team collaboration, and new dual-track agile processes including regular critiques, demos, and status reporting.
- Oversaw the new business program, including the launch of Spain and the closure of Audible Escape in support of Audible Plus.
- Consulted with IDEO and worked with PM leadership as part of a multi-year strategic product-planning effort.
Lead UX Architect — Mortgage Builder, December 2015 – November 2017
Modernized the mortgage origination experience and product line including defining vision and baseline personas, rapid redesign and development of marketing site, creating common visual language for UI components, resulting in an MVP tool for lenders and closing agents.
VP User Experience Buildium, Boston, MA, February 2011-July 2015
Built the UX practice from sole contributor to a thriving practice of nine practitioners. Modernized IA and brand of Buildium app improving usability, introducing data-driven user personas and new research methodologies, and creating premium look and feel. These efforts grew product adoption from 2,000 to 10,000+ customers with increased subscription prices, resulting in a 65M+ investment and 500M purchase in 2019.
Additional Clients and Employers
Think New Ideas (Nortel, BankBoston) Sapient (Staples.com, Quill.com, NYISO, and AXA IM), Dakasa (LL Bean), KG Partners (Con-way, IDEXX, Ryder) Fidelity Investments, Legg Mason, Health Dialog, CVS/pharmacy, Anthem, Form4Oracle.com.
BFA, Industrial Design, Rhode Island School of Design, 1990 – 1994
Publications and Speaking
Miaskiewicz, T. and Luxmoore, C. (2019) “Facilitating Innovation and Organization-Wide Integration of Personas: An Approach for Linking Users with an Existing Set of Personas” The Design Journal
Miaskiewicz, T. and Luxmoore, C. (2017) “The use of data-driven personas to facilitate organisational adoption — a case study,” The Design Journal
- 2015 DESIGNxRI
- 2015 Produce Sense at Fresh Tilled Soil
- 2017 AMA Conference
- 2019 MITX
- 2019 Slater presents: Mastering UX
- 2019 DESIGNxRI Awards